How to Install AltStore (macOS)
This page will help guide you through the process of installing AltStore onto your iPhone or iPad using a macOS computer. Soon you will be able to start sideloading apps!
- 3.Launch AltServer, which will appear as an icon in the menu bar.
4. Connect your iOS device to your computer and make sure it is unlocked. Trust your device with your computer if needed.
5. Enable "Wi-Fi sync" on your device.
(macOS 10.14 Mojave or Earlier)
Open iTunes, then enable “Sync with this iPhone/iPad over Wi-Fi” for your device.
(macOS 10.15 Catalina or Later)
Open Finder, then enable “Show this iPhone/iPad when on WiFi” for your device.
7. Click the AltServer icon in the Mac menu bar, go to “Install AltStore”, then choose your device.
8. Enter your Apple ID email address and password. This will allow AltServer to authenticate with Apple and configure your account to support sideloading apps.
Your Apple ID and password are sent only to Apple — not us or anyone else.
9. Wait a few seconds, then an AltServer notification should appear on your Mac saying AltStore has been successfully installed onto your device.
If you don't see any notifications from AltServer, make sure you've given AltServer permission to send you notifications in System Preferences.
You may need to restart your device to make AltStore appear on your Home Screen.
10. On your iOS device, go to Settings -> General -> Profiles & Device Management. Tap “Trust [Your Apple ID],” then tap “Trust” again to confirm.
Image courtesy of @LouisAnslow
"Profiles & Device Management" may read as a number of things depending on your version, but you can always find it near the bottom of Settings -> General.
11. To use AltStore on iOS 16 or later, you need to enable Developer Mode on your device by going to Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Developer Mode.
Image Courtesy of @9to5mac
You are now ready to sideload apps using AltStore!